Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines. For any website or business to be successful, they must be able to create and maintain a strong web presence. SEO considers how search engines work, what people search for, the actual search terms typed into search engines and which search engines are preferred by their targeted audience. Optimizing a website may involve editing its content and HTML and associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines.
Narrowing Down SEO (SEM)
Search Engine Optimization works deep down into the websites core. H1 and H2 headers, meta tags, and meta descriptions are all examples of search engine optimization. In many cases, certain goals are ideal, but rarely achievable. However, with SEO, this is not the case. Ideally, every bit and line of code for your website needs to b e optimized in every possible way for search engines. A long and arduous task, but most definitely achievable. Once all the website codes and meta information is optimized, the road to search engine is much easier and the success of the website is resting upon a solid and optimized foundation.
Search Engine Optimization Best Practices
- Accurately describe the page’s content that effectively communicates the topic of the page’s content.
- Create unique title tags for each page. This helps search engines know the page is distinct from the others on your site.
- Use brief, but descriptive titles. If the title is too long, only a part of it will be displayed in search engine results.
- Utilize the “description” meta tag. Search engines will display a snippet of all the websites they list. Sometimes search engines will use the description meta tag as a snippet, so use it to your advantage.
- Accurately summarize the page’s content.
- Use words in URLs that are relevant to your site’s content and structure which makes it friendlier for visitors navigating your site.
- Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide
- Common SEO To-Do List
- Using Title Tags Effectively
- Easy and Simple SEO Tools by SEOmoz
- Comprehensive Tips and Information on SEO
Tweets About Search Engine Optimization
[twitter-feed num="5" mode="search" term="searchengineoptimization" linklove="no" followlink="no" img="yes" imgclass="tweet" liclass="tweet-li" other="yes"]
Featured Blog Posts on Search Engine Optimization
- Judging the Quality of a Link
The Google Penguin update has site owners running scared from link building. But just because Google is cracking down on webspam that doesn’t mean you can afford to abandon your link building campaign; you just have to be smarter about it. And getting smarter about your link building means making sure you are only building [...]The post Judging the Quality of a Link appeared first on SEO Journal by Nick Stamoulis of Brick Marketing.
- Are Your Priority Keyword Choices Ruining Your SEO?
A former B2B SEO client of mine was adamant that the only thing they really cared about when it came to SEO was getting on page 1 and improving visitors from a short list of priority keywords (about 15 or so of them). While there is nothing wrong with prioritizing your keywords, it’s practically impossible [...]The post Are Your Priority Keyword Choices Ruining Your SEO? appeared first on SEO Journal by Nick Stamoulis of Brick Marketing.
- Evergreen Content 101: What Small Businesses Need to Know
This is a guest post by Amanda DiSilvestro of HigherVisibility. The term “evergreen content” has been around the Internet for quite some time; however many businesses still don’t stop to consider how it works. It’s not only important for businesses to understand what evergreen content is, but it’s important to understand why it matters and [...]The post Evergreen Content 101: What Small Businesses Need to Know appeared first on SEO Journal by Nick Stamoulis of Brick Marketing.
- Don’t Copy the Competition’s SEO
One of the most frustrating (and frequent) comments I hear from my SEO clients is “Well, the completion is doing it so why can’t we?” “It” can be any one of a number of black hat SEO tactics including link schemes, keyword stuffing, buying links, article spinning and so forth. As a business owner myself [...]The post Don’t Copy the Competition’s SEO appeared first on SEO Journal by Nick Stamoulis of Brick Marketing.
- Easy Win Links You Might Be Missing
Site owners are always on the lookout for “easy wins” when it comes to link building—minimal investment for maximum output. You’ll quickly find that truly valuable easy win links are few and far between, especially once you’ve been at it for a while, but that doesn’t mean you aren’t sitting on a potential goldmine of [...]The post Easy Win Links You Might Be Missing appeared first on SEO Journal by Nick Stamoulis of Brick Marketing.
News on Search Engine Optimization
- Slingshot Shifting Away From SEO – HispanicBusiness.com
Slingshot Shifting Away From SEOHispanicBusiness.comSlingshot SEO became a local suds story in recent years as demand boomed for its namesake product, search engine optimization. But revenue flat-lined last year after Google cracked down on some of the tools companies were using to improve their …
- The Host Group Launches Premium SEO Packages for Custom Website Design … – PR Web (press release)
The Host Group Launches Premium SEO Packages for Custom Website Design …PR Web (press release)Web hosting provider and custom website development firm The Host Group announced late Wednesday that they have launched a premium SEO hosting service, aiming to provide hosting and design clients with premier SEO services to boost their web …and more »
- Learn How to Optimize WordPress Websites for Search Engines – KHTS Radio
Learn How to Optimize WordPress Websites for Search EnginesKHTS RadioSanta Clarita SEO-SEM specialist Chaz Key shows how to optimize WordPress websites to get the highest search engine rankings in his next free "SEO So Easy!" workshop for Santa Clarita small business owners on Tuesday, May 28, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. …
- Predict the Online Sales and Traffic Gains from SEO with New Searchmetrics … – RealWire (press release)
Predict the Online Sales and Traffic Gains from SEO with New Searchmetrics …RealWire (press release)New York, May 22nd, 2013 – New features within Searchmetrics' search and social analytics software enable digital marketers to forecast the potential traffic gains from Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies and to automatically estimate the …and more »
- SEO Company, Avital Web, Offers Comprehensive Web Design and … – GlobeNewswire (press release)
SEO Company, Avital Web, Offers Comprehensive Web Design and …GlobeNewswire (press release)The most successful websites have been carefully planned and developed in order to provide their owners with a valuable marketing tool. Avital Web, Los Angeles SEO firm, offers comprehensive web design and development services to help businesses …Getting with the Program: The Necessity of Having a Great Search Engine …Business 2 Communityall 7 news articles »
For More Information
The Houston Internet Marketing is a service of Southwick Search Marketing. Southwick Search Marketing is a full service marketing firm specializing in Internet marketing. We managed the Houston Internet Marketing Seminars as well as the Houston Website Designer Seminars in partnership with the Art Institute of Houston. For more information, you can Follow Us via social media or use our Contact Us page.