Link building is a general term to describe anything done to build links to a website. Some links are better for increased traffic and others are better for page ranking. When link building, it is important to know which links are better suited for what purpose.
Why Link Building Is Important
A link is like a “vote” for a website or a citation. This means the way you build links will affect traffic and pageranking significantly. The more websites you have linking back to your own, the better. However, link building is not just about the quantity, but also the quality of links. The relevance of the sites that link back to you coupled with the quantity of sites that link back is the cumulative and most important factor in deciding your websites position within search engines. With skilled link building, website traffic and pageranking and increase tremendously.
Link Building Best Practices
- Communicate with webmasters and show them the value of your site.
- Provide good quality content that will show that you can be an asset in any partnership.
- Constantly research and apply new concepts and content based on what people like to see. Remember that people need to want to see your site.
- When doing link requests, show webmasters that you are not just sending mass requests. Take the time to understand and learn about other sites to increase the chances of better link building.
- Customized link requests are great, but not realistic because time is an issue. Having a good mix of templates and customization of link requests can save a lot of time.
- Link building is more of a relationship than anything else. Keeping this in mind when link building will greatly enhance your pursuits.
Link Building Resources
- Comprehensive Link Building Training Guide
- Podcast on Link Building for Small Businesses
- Webinars for SEO and Link Building
- Link Building Strategies and Best Practices
- The Value of Link
Tweets About Link Building
[twitter-feed num="5" mode="search" term="linkbuilding" linklove="no" followlink="no" img="yes" imgclass="tweet" liclass="tweet-li" other="yes"]
Featured Blog Posts on Link Building
- Crowd Funding: An Analysis of Various Platforms [INFOGRAPHIC]
Crowd funding seems to be the latest trend nowadays. Projects like “The Veronica Mars Movie Project” received half of its funding in 4 hours on Kickstarter and musicians have shaken up the industry by relying on fans to finance their next albums. Crowd funding could be the newest way anyone can invest in projects or [...]
- Automotive Content Marketing in 2013
I’m back again with another best of content marketing for the automotive industry and if you weren’t able to catch the first one I did, you can find that here. As you may have noticed, many car manufacturers are increasingly using their marketing budgets in new and creative ways in order to entice potential customers into purchasing one [...]
- How To Improve Your Website Speed
An important part of search engine optimization is how fast your website loads and functions. It’s not just important for the ease of use of your website visitor, but it is actually used as a signal for search engine rankings. Watch this video to find a few quick tips that you can start to implement [...]
- Data Driven Content Marketing Strategies in Higher Education
Marketers today have access to more data on website visitors, e-mail subscribers, leads and social media fans than ever before. Leveraging this data, in addition to demographic data, helps to ensure marketers can produce the best content for prospective customers. That is, when it’s actually examined and used properly. Many brands are new to content [...]
- Content Curation for Your Website [VIDEO]
Content curation on your website can be a very powerful tool. Curation can create brand authority and awareness, all the while connecting your company to outside sources that can help to improve your blog presence. I sat down to chat with Pawan Deshpande of Curata and Bill Flitter of Dlvr.it to talk about curation’s benefits [...]
News on Link Building
- Google Penguin 2013: How to Evolve Link Building into Real SEO – Search Engine Watch
Business 2 CommunityGoogle Penguin 2013: How to Evolve Link Building into Real SEOSearch Engine WatchWhile discussed many times, webmasters still struggle with shifting their link building activities to real SEO strategy. They fail to see that SEO in 2013 is now integral to online marketing and no longer a standalone activity. Whereas SEO used to be …SEO: Link Building Tips For The Busy Business OwnerBusiness 2 CommunityNetmark and Netmark Client's Unaffected by Google's Penguin 2.0 UpdateSan Antonio ExpressThe Three Pillars Of SEO In 2013: Content, Links, And Social MediaForbesExaminer.com -Huffington Post (blog) -Fourth Sourceall 86 news articles »
- How to Turn Events into Link Building Opportunities – Search Engine Watch
How to Turn Events into Link Building OpportunitiesSearch Engine WatchOne basic PR practice that works well for link building is the 12-month planner. Everything that happens in your industry can create link building opportunities. But if you just react and do things at the last minute, you aren't going to get maximum …
- 7 Unusual Link Building Tactics for Ecommerce Sites – Search Engine Journal
Search Engine Journal7 Unusual Link Building Tactics for Ecommerce SitesSearch Engine JournalThere's no denying it: link building is hard, especially for Ecommerce sites. It takes a unique approach to find the hard links and pull ahead of your competitors. That's why we've compiled seven creative tactics for attracting and building links that …
- Three Killer (and unfortunately most ignored) Link Building Ideas – Search Engine Journal
Toronto StarThree Killer (and unfortunately most ignored) Link Building IdeasSearch Engine JournalLet's discuss three killer link building ideas that're also unfortunately the most ignored, for sooner or later we need to reach to a stage where we build some genuine relationships and stop fretting over what if Google gets to know about this. Forget …SEO – Link Building and Internet Marketing TutorialsSBWire (press release)all 59 news articles »
- 5 Link Building Tactics that Buck the Content Marketing Trend – Search Engine Journal
5 Link Building Tactics that Buck the Content Marketing TrendSearch Engine JournalIn fact, placing too much emphasis on content can actually distract from what we should be doing most: approaching the unique needs of each client and niche. With that in mind, we've put together five approaches to link building that aren't designed …
For More Information
The Houston Internet Marketing is a service of Southwick Search Marketing. Southwick Search Marketing is a full service marketing firm specializing in Internet marketing. We managed the Houston Internet Marketing Seminars as well as the Houston Website Designer Seminars in partnership with the Art Institute of Houston. For more information, you can Follow Us via social media or use our Contact Us page.